Ohio is finding new ways to support the health and wellness of its citizens. Specialized Recovery Services (SRS) Program is a program available through Medicaid for people diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness.
There are 3 services available through the SRS program, in addition to current Medicaid coverage:
- Recovery Management
- Individualized Placement and Support with Supported Employment
- Peer Recovery Support
Individuals eligible for Medicaid under the Spenddown Program will have a new, simplified pathway to health care coverage. If you are eligible for the SRS program, you will keep your Medicaid Healthcare coverage and receive the additional services without the hassle of spending down each month.
The SRS Program has some basic eligibility guidelines. Applicants must:
- Be diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness such as illustrated in the DSM-V.
- Have an income less than $2,199 per month or less than $26,388 per year.
- Be 21 years of age or older.
- Need assistance with activities such as medical appointments, social interactions, and living skills.
- Reside in a home or community-based setting.
- Determined disabled by the Social Security Administration.
If you are interested in the Specialized Recovery Services (SRS) Program, you may contact our agency at (216) 727-2548.