Food is Medicine Contest
In leveraging local farmers and community gardens, we hope to encourage a healthy, natural way of living right from our local soil.
Who may enter the contest?
Any individual who is 55 years of age and older and who resides in Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain or Medina County.
A team of at least 2 individuals or more that includes at least one individual who is 55 years or older and who resides in Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain or Medina County.
Why enter the contest?
- Great opportunity to show that you are an example of healthy living and eating
- Your recipe may be featured in WRAAA's Cookbook
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes will be awarded
When does the contest run?
May 3, 2019 - June 7, 2019 - submissions will be received until 11:59 pm on June 7.
How do I enter the contest?
To enter, you must submit the following three requirements:
- At least one picture of the garden (must include at least two plants of vegetables, herbs or fruits)
- At least one recipe that uses at least one ingredient from the submitted garden (vegetable, herb or fruit) – the more recipes the better!
- Must submit a summary (250 words or less) explaining how both your garden and recipe contribute to a healthier lifestyle.
For any questions or concerns please contact Aeisha
at 216-586-3760 or email@example.com