The experts of the ADRC are available to provide information, assistance, and referrals to help connect you to the long-term services and support you need.
The Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC) provides information, assistance, and referral. A telephone evaluation is conducted to assist callers and their families in identifying their long-term care needs and options. The ADRC representatives also provide verbal and written information and professional guidance to enable callers to make informed choices and gain access to long-term care services including an arrangement for a free in-person assessment with one of the Agency's Community Resource Consultants.
Calls received by the ADRC representatives range from a simple request for a "phone number for home-delivered meals" to "what kind of services are available" or "am I eligible for help from your Agency."
The calls can result in one of the following outcomes:
- Information and referral can be provided over the phone
- Information can be mailed to the caller
- An assessment can be scheduled to determine eligibility for an Agency program
- An assessment can be scheduled to discuss long-term care options
- An assessment can be scheduled to determine eligibility for nursing facility placement
Complete our intake form and submit via our website or by fax:
- Complete the Intake Form and submit via the website, or;
- Complete the Intake Form and fax it to 216-472-4812.
An ADRC representative will contact you.
Our Older Adult Resource Guide is FREE and available online and in print.
The Cleveland version of this Guide has resources for the counties WRAAA covers, Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain, and Medina. The guide has an abundance of information for just about any service an older adult may need, with phone numbers, websites and addresses.
If you would prefer the printed directory you can order it here.