The experts of the ADRC are available to provide information, assistance, and referrals to help connect you to the long-term services and support you need.
The Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC) provides information, assistance, and referral. A telephone evaluation is conducted to assist callers and their families in identifying their long-term care needs and options. The ADRC representatives also provide verbal and written information and professional guidance to enable callers to make informed choices and gain access to long-term care services including an arrangement for a free in-person assessment with one of the Agency's Community Resource Consultants.
Calls received by the ADRC representatives range from a simple request for a "phone number for home-delivered meals" to "what kind of services are available" or "am I eligible for help from your Agency."
The calls can result in one of the following outcomes:
- Information and referral can be provided over the phone
- Information can be mailed to the caller
- An assessment can be scheduled to determine eligibility for an Agency program
- An assessment can be scheduled to discuss long-term care options
- An assessment can be scheduled to determine eligibility for nursing facility placement
CONTACT AN ADRC REPRESENTATIVE
- To contact an ADRC Representative, please call 216-539-9240 or 1-800-626-7277.
ADRC Fax 216-472-4812
- Complete the Intake Form and Fax it to 216-472-4812 and an ADRC representative will connect with you.