This waiver program serves individuals on Medicaid with long-term care needs that, in the absence of certain services, would need to depend on a hospital or nursing facility.
This ODM-administered waiver program provides eligible individuals in need of long-term care facility services with a cost-effective home- and community-based alternative that recognizes the need for autonomy and independence. The waiver program supports the individual’s right to choose to live in the community with supports and safeguards needed to ensure their health and welfare.
Currently, waiver services include but may not be limited to:
- Personal care aide services
- Home care attendant services
- Adult day health center services
- Home-delivered meals
- Home modifications
- Supplemental adaptive and assistive devices
- Supplemental transportation
- Out-of-home respite
- Emergency response systems
For more information, visit the Ohio Home and Community Waiver Services website.