PASSPORT helps countless older people stay in their own homes and live with independence and dignity.
PASSPORT provides older adults alternatives to placement in nursing homes. As one of WRAAA’s flagship services, PASSPORT strives to ensure the opportunity for independent living is available to every elderly individual.
Each PASSPORT participant has a dedicated Care Manager who coordinates in-home services and maintains regular contact with the participant and PASSPORT agencies.
PASSPORT offers several in-home services, including:
- Home Delivered Meals
- Personal care assistance
- Emergency response services
- Adult health center services
- Housework services
- Respite care
PASSPORT eligibility requirements:
- 60 years of age or older
- Eligible for Medicaid
- Living in a home or apartment
- Needing hands-on help with daily activities such as bathing, dressing, and meals
- Agrees to accept PASSPORT services
- Has a doctor’s agreement that PASSPORT services are needed
- Has basic health and safety needs met
- Maintains a cost for PASSPORT services at or below 60% of the cost of nursing home care.
If you would like to learn more about PASSPORT, call our resource center between 8 AM - 5 PM Monday through Friday, (216) 539-9240.
More information is available at The Ohio Department of Aging’s Website.